Friday, October 7, 2011

Jesus Calling

My mom bought me this book a few months back and has since encouraged me to read it...almost on a daily basis. For a wide variety of reasons, I have simply said "ok" and moved on about my day. I'm not sure why I avoided the simplicity and beauty of this daily devotional for so long but I am thankful to say that I have finally opened myself up to taking FIVE MINUTES out of my day to take in and enjoy peace in His presence.

Today's devotion was almost too perfect not to share. So, share I will.

"In order to hear my voice, you must release all your worries into My care. Entrust to Me everything that concerns you. This clears the way for you to seek My face unhindered. Let Me free you from fear that is hiding deep inside you. Sit quietly in My Presence, allowing My Light to soak into you and drive out any darkness lodged within you.

Accept each day just as it comes to you, remembering that I am sovereign over your life. Rejoice in this day that I have made, trusting that I am abundantly present in it. Instead of regretting or resenting the way things are, thank Me in all circumstances. Trust Me and don't be fearful; thank Me and rest in My sovereignty."

1 Peter 5:6-7
Psalm 118:24
1 Thessalonians 5:18

There's not a whole lot I can add to the simplicity and beauty of these words.

I plan on resting in His sovereignty today, y'all. I hope you do the same.

Have a wonderful Friday.

Edit: We went to the pumpkin patch today and my little punkin was just so happy. It brought me back to this devotion and the beauty of God's abundant presence in our daily lives.  She was so excited for this new experience. and God was there.



No comments:

Post a Comment